7 Reasons to List your Home During the Holidays
Did you know that the holidays are actually a great time to sell your home?
We have several clients who are gearing up to list their homes over the next couple of months.
And here are 7 reasons why YOU should consider listing your home during the holidays.
1. Serious Buyers: People who are looking to buy a home during the holidays are serious about finding their new residence. There may be fewer of these folks out there in general, but the ones who are looking are ready and wanting to buy, and they're not messing around.
2. Low Supply: Typically, there are fewer homes for buyers to look at around the holiday season, which means there's less competition for the attention of those buyers. When the holiday season ends and the new year begins, the supply of homes goes up. More inventory can mean more competition, longer days on market and potentially less money for your home.
3. Sell High, Buy Low: If want to buy a home in the 2018 spring market, selling now (and potentially renting short term) gives you the chance to be a non-contingent buyer when you're ready to purchase in the spring. This is ideal. Since the spring time will bring more buyers into the marketplace for you to compete with, now you are set up as a "great buyer" who can compete with anyone, without a house sale contingency.
4. Holiday Decor: The holidays tend to bring out the best in a home, when it's all decorated and dressed to the nines. Your home will show beautifully, decked out in wreaths, red bows, and white lights! Who doesn't love the winter scents of pine, cinnamon and the toasty feel of a fireplace? Plus, the holidays can provide that emotional connection to a home that will help a buyer feel more attached and pay your asking price.
5. More Time: While your first instinct might be that people are too busy during the holidays to look at homes, think again. Many buyers may have less demanding schedules during the holiday season, or time off during Christmas as opposed to a normal work week. This is especially the case for relocation buyers... one of the best opportunities for a seller. They need to purchase and only have a short time to find their next home before the new year.
6. Scheduling Control: Don't worry—if you're selling, you can still enjoy the holidays as usual! You can limit home showings to when you're comfortable. You stay in control!
7. Move in the Spring: You can sell during this prime holiday time, but still not have to worry about moving until January through March, well after the holiday season is over. You can negotiate a longer closing period or an extended use and occupancy.